Friday, May 18, 2007

WHEN GOLFING, EARS < VISOR

Proving that Tommy Tuberville can only win when someone else's incompetence aids him, Steve Spurrier easily defeated the Auburn coach at a charity golf tournament.

Alas, Tuberville still got the best line in:

“I got behind, and I couldn’t find a way to kick an onside kick,” Tuberville said in an allusion to a pivotal third-quarter decision that helped the Tigers defeat the Gamecocks in Columbia on Sept. 28. “I couldn’t get the ball back. This is a different game. I’ll tell you, these guys that make a living doing this, I take my hat off to them.”


'Did I hit you with a ball after that joke? Sorry. It was an accident. Really.'

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Newspaper Hack said...

Bad memories. I was at that game. I launched several f-bombs Tuberville's way while in Mark Sanford's luxury box. Then my friend and I had to leave, lest we get arrested.

Actually, I got to both the Auburn and Tennessee games – you can read the posts to see if they're any good, but I had a great time.

Boozing, losing and gubernatorial contact: Thursday night football at Williams-Brice
Liveblogging the Carolina-Tennessee game, from a cock's-eye view

8:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home