Monday, December 18, 2006

NOW THAT I'M BACK, EVERYONE ELSE LEAVES

A few things I didn't get time to see or comment on over the weekend because of the lack of Internet.

--It took him a while, but Spurrier finally got his poke in after Tommy Bowden (stupidly) decided that now was the time to start a war on words with Spurrier. Who, for the record, declines to take jabs at opponents until he's beaten them.

"It's amazing how this thing works," Bowden said, "because here I'm at a place where seven (wins) gets you fired. He's at a place where seven (wins) gets you a raise.
"I should have won seven instead of eight." ...
"If Tommy Bowden wants a raise, he should just ask his AD and president if he thinks he's as good a coach as Mark Richt and me and Fulmer and Tuberville and those guys," Spurrier said. "That's the only reason I got a raise. They think I'm that good a coach. So if he wants a raise, he ought to go and say, 'Am I as good a coach as all them guys?'"

I would set the over/under on the length of administration laughter at seven minutes. Any takers?

--Cade Thompson, the forgotten man on USC's depth chart at QB, is apparently setting off for greener pastures. Thompson, who was once seen as heir apparent to Mitchell, would probably start 2007 no better than third (behind Mitchell and Chris Smelley, in some order) and could have found himself behind THE SAVIOR OF THE PROGRAM, Stephen Garcia. Stanley Doughty is also rumbling off into the distance. That should make the next item all the easier for USC's structural engineers to handle.


No longer a problem for opposing RBs. Or USC's engineering crew.

--The new academics center will be named after ... Delores E. Anderson. This is supposed to be a draw for recruits. "Yes, after hours of practicing and sweating half of your body's water content through extreme physical exertion, you get to go study at the Delores E. Anderson Academics Center." Let's hope this doesn't result in any sexual harassment lawsuits.

In the meantime, I'm now raising money to build the Cock & Fire Weight Room, which will probably cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $100,000. I'm guessing. Potential donors should write laughin 98 -at- hotmail -dot- com.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd say Hey!!!! We you the one who was asking me where I was working on the internet? Take it easy, I'm enjoying this California weather!!!! I just moved here from the east sooooo :)

I made an extra $2000 a Month Using this site!!

1:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home