Friday, November 24, 2006

A FEW FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE GAME


It's been a rough week for those of us who wear garnet.

The rumors about Spurrier. The admitted rules violations. The constant reminders that it's been a looooooong time since we beat the Tiggers.

But it's time to let all of that go and enjoy three and a half hours (or less, thanks to the @#$^ rules changes) of one of the most entertaining and intense rivalries in colelge football.

It's time to gather around family -- whichever side of the line they might be on.

It's time to clear out the clutter of the last seven days.

I, for one, have been concerned if not obsessed with the Spurrier-to-Alabama rumors. For some reason, they bother me. They nag. Hopefully, my brain is right and Spurrier will stay. But my heart isn't quite there yet; perhaps because times like this aren't supposed to last long for USC.
But I'm going to try to forget all that when the game comes on in about nine hours as I write this. I'm going to forget that we might not have Spurrier in 48 hours, that this dream might end, or that the illusions of greatness -- whether he stays or leaves -- could once again fade away like a mirage.
It's time to enjoy our game and cheer on our team.
I have tried not to be a homer on this Web site, but there's only one thing I can think to say, no matter how corny it might seem.
GOOOOOO COCKS!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just thought I'd let you know a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
http://www.degree-programs-online.info/makingcash.html

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home